Autumn Term 2
Medium Term Plan
Below is the Medium Term Plan for this term, Autumn 2 2020-2021.
- identifies the main topic for the term - Let's Celebrate!
- shows how the main topic will be covered over the course of the term (weekly themes)
- lists the Core Texts we shall be using to develop the weekly themes
- sets out the activities for each of the areas to develop the weekly theme
- highlights the purpose for each of the activities (Key Learning)
The 'Key Learning' is taken directly from the LCC produced 'EYFS Planning for Learning for Early Adopter Schools; Skills, Knowledge, Concepts' publication for Lancashire schools. The document sets out the key learning (S, K, C'S) for children within the EYFS in all seven areas of learning and development.
Core Texts 'Let's Celebrate!':
- Hovis the Hedgehog
- The Story of Rama and Sita
- Poppy Field
- Birthdays around The World
- The Story of Hanukah
- The Christmas Story
RE Units this term:
Key Vocabulary: Christmas, Jesus, Bethlehem, Mary, Joseph, donkey, inn, shepherds, star and stable
Understanding Christianity (F2):
Why do Christians perform Nativity plays at Christmas?
What have we been up to this term?