What would make our school even better?
School council discussed what equipment they would like outside during playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Skipping ropes
- Space hoppers
- Different types of balls
- Bats and balls
- Pogo sticks
- Outdoor books to read on the bench
- Outdoor games (giant snakes and ladders)
- Cricket bats
- Hula hoops
- Moon balls
- Yoga mats
- Swing ball
- Reflection/calming down area
- Drawing equipment
- Dressing up costumes
School council discussed what they liked and what they would like to improve in their learning environment.
- spacious and tidy
- engaging and calm displays – key questions, vocabulary, children’s work
- our work gets displayed as a good example (the children explained they liked this because it encouraged them to try hard).
- Reading corners
- Star writers
- Topic books and artefacts displayed
- Different things to do during choosing time
- Soft blankets and cushions in the reading corners
- Nice lights in the reading corner
- The children would like a school pet (rabbit?, cat, dog or tortoise)
School council discussed what they liked about their learning and what they would like to improve
Learning in the class
- Really enjoy Art, DT and PE lessons
- Lessons are fun
- Our teachers are funny
- Year 5 enjoy sitting in Mr Crotty’s when writing book reviews.
- Quiz of the week – on a Friday afternoon (10 questions to consolidate learning from the week).
- Love creative writing
- Y2 enjoy drama activities during English lessons
- Some children particularly enjoy getting a star writer pencil if their writing has been chosen.
- St Peter’s Pennies – reward for Work of the Day and bringing in home readers
- Picture News
- Adding work to our Grammar board to help us when writing
- Reading corner is very well organised, calming with our home-made cushions
- Have lessons outside
- Explain things in different ways to help all children understand
- More drama activities during English lessons
- Challenges for when children have finished their work
- Have some lessons outside
- Some games to make learning engaging
- Work of the Day pen
School council discussed what they liked and what they would like to improve with their home learning
- All children enjoy doodle
- Love creative homework challenges
- Children really enjoy when their homework is shared in class
- Children really enjoy the extra playtime incentive for Doodle
- Doodler of the week
- Really enjoy when their homework is brought into worship
- Home reading
- Importance of homework is emphasised to get us ready for High School
- More doodle activities
- Children would like their creative homework to be shared with the class and possibly in worship and to be rewarded for their hard work and efforts.
- More homework linked to other subjects (Art).
- Children suggested that they would like a whole school competition each half term linked to different subjects. For example, an art competition.
School council discussed what they liked and what they would like to improve in relation to their play and lunch times.
Dinner and playtimes and Food and snack times
- Enjoy when staff play football with them
- Shirley has been making different foods
- We love Friday dinners
- New foods at dinner time (love the soup)
- Children really enjoy eating toast
- KS2 children enjoy fruit
- Children enjoy breakfast club
- More things to do at playtimes
- Activities at playtimes
- More toast in the mornings
- More seating areas outside