Autumn 2: Let's Celebrate!
Medium Term Plan
This medium term plan is subject to change, following children's interests and responses to activities and learning.
Units this term...
Why do we celebrate Bonfire Night?
We learnt all about how Guy Fawkes tried to explode the Houses Of Parliament and King James with gunpowder.
How do we celebrate Bonfire Night?
- Bonfires (sometimes with a 'Guy' doll on the top)
What can we do to stay safe whilst celebrating?
- Keep pets inside - they will probably get scared.
- Hold sparklers out in front of you and wear gloves.
- Put finished sparklers into a bucket of water or sand.
- Only grown ups touch fireworks.
- Stand well back from bonfires.
We learnt about Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights. Here are the facts we learnt:
- Hindu's celebrate Diwali every year.
- The Hindu people celebrate with special food, giving gifts and wearing new special clothes.
- Houses are decorated for the festival and Rangoli Patterns are created outside front doors, of those who are celebrating.
- The festival began following the story of Rama and Sita. You can watch the story below.
Remembrance Day 2022
Follow the link below for some VERY exciting information about the learning we did around Remembrance Day!
World Nursery Rhyme Week 2022
Follow the link below to see what we got up to during World Nursery Rhyme Week this year.
Follow the link below to see what happened when Sean Perkins, a children's author and illustrator, came to visit us.
Tots On Tyres: Bikeability Balance
Follow this link for information about the 'Bikeability Balance' course we completed and, of course, lots of photos of us on the bikes too!
Follow this link for all the information about Red Class' Enterprise Week 2022.
Please follow the link below to see pictures of us all in our costumes and the video of the dress rehearsal for those who sadly couldn't attend.