Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) 01.03.22
Tuesday 1st March 2022
We celebrate Pancake Day the day before Lent starts in the Christian Calendar. Pancake Day is another name given for Shrove Tuesday. During Lent Christians give up something they like to eat for 40 days and 40 nights, just like Jesus when he was in the desert.
To make pancakes we needed:
- Milk (600ml)
- Flour (200g)
- Eggs (2)
- Lemon Juice
- Put the flour in the bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the flour.
- Pour the milk in.
- Mix it all together.
- Put a bit of butter in the pan to melt.
- Pour some of the batter into the pancake pan and fry it.
- Flip the pancake to cook each side.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to the pancake.
- Eat it!