Leave of Absence
There is NO automatic entitlement to any leave in term time therefore parents must seek school’s permission before taking their child out of school.
- School will only authorise the absence if there are exceptional reasons for taking the leave in term time.
- School will require parents to fill in a leave request form prior to booking any holiday and attend a meeting in school. If leave is booked prior to speaking with school it will not be authorised.
- There may be occasions where, even in exceptional circumstances, your child’s school may not agree leave, for example during EYFS, Year 2 or Year 6 or important transitional periods.
Reasons why you should not take your child out of school in term time:
-Evidence shows that even small amounts of absence from school can affect your child’s progress and attainment.
- The education of your child could be disrupted both prior to and after any leave, causing them to fall behind and struggling to catch up.
- For every week of school a child misses, they lose 25 hours of education which can never be regained.
- Approximately every 6 weeks your child gets a holiday from school, therefore you should use this time to take your child on holiday.
If you choose to take your child on holiday in term time without permission, you WILL be issued with a penalty notice.