Spring Term 1
Under the Sea
Medium Term Plan
Below is the Medium Term Plan for this term, Spring 1 2020-2021.
- identifies the main topic for the term - Under The Sea!
- shows how the main topic will be covered over the course of the term (weekly themes)
- lists the Core Texts we shall be using to develop the weekly themes
- sets out the activities for each of the areas to develop the weekly theme
- highlights the purpose for each of the activities (Key Learning)
The 'Key Learning' is taken directly from the LCC produced 'EYFS Planning for Learning for Early Adopter Schools; Skills, Knowledge, Concepts' publication for Lancashire schools. The document sets out the Key Learning (S, K, C'S) for children within the EYFS in all seven areas of learning and development.
Core Texts 'Under the Sea!':
- Kipper's Snowy Day
- Surprising Sharks
- The Emperor's Egg
- Commotion In The Ocean
RE Units this term:
Stories Jesus Heard
Key Vocabulary: Bible, Old Testament, God, Jesus, Creation, Noah, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Jonah, David, Goliath, Israelites
Stories Jesus Told
Key Vocabulary: Jesus, Bible, parable, gospels and God
What have we been up to this term?
Week Beginning 4th January 2021
It was very exciting coming in on Monday to snow on the ground in the school yard! We made the most of it and had fun writing in it, making snowballs and snowmen.